Not sure about a bus?
If you're not sure what bus to ride when the new year starts, just click on the link below to find out. The Excel chart should load immediately.
Welcome to a new term and everything that comes with it, a blank slate, both with teachers and classes, and a fresh opportunity to accomplish what's in front of us. Let's make the most of it!
What if my child needs to ride a different bus?
Provided that the bus your child needs to ride is not a full, riding a different bus does not have to be a problem. Send to the office a note that contains:
- the reason for the change,
- the name of your child,
- a parent / guardian signature and contact number,
- and who he or she will be getting off with (if applicable).
We want you here!
Help your child be at school all day, every day!
1. Studies show that doing so
- increases performance in class,
- increases test scores,
- increases GPA, and
- forms solid work habits.
2. One day counts as two!
- Remember, with the block schedule, teachers cover 1 year of material in 1 semester.
- Missing 1 day every 3 weeks (for example) equals 6 days over the course of a semester (over 2 weeks of instruction!).
- Plan vacations, doctor's appointments, etc. around the school calendar whenever possible.
- Encourage and stress the importance of attendance.
- If your child seems unwilling to attend, contact us! Do not let your child stay home, letting absences accumulate.
3. We have great teachers that are willing to go the extra mile in order to help your child succeed, but make sure your child is here to receive that instruction.
Airline Attendance/Tardy Policy
- excused absence = student office needs a doctor's note (NOT a copy/fax) within 5 school days of return to school
- unexcused absence = student office needs a note from a parent within 5 school days of return to school (allows student to make up work)
- make-up policy = student has same number of days absent plus 1
- 1st hour tardies and unexcused check-outs count against attendance
- 5 tardies = 1 unexcused absence