- Attend AHS College Night for juniors with your parents (fall).
- Register for/take the PSAT/NMSQT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) in October.
- Check the requirements/costs of attending various colleges.
- Send away for literature about colleges and vocational programs.
- Visit the campus or campuses of your choice.
- Take the ACT with writing in May/June of your junior year.
- Prepare for taking the ACT in your senior year; there are review courses available, study booklets, facsimile tests.
- Investigate your eligibility for Honors, and AP (Advanced Placement) courses in your senior year.