- Take ACT with Writing for the school(s) to which you wish to apply no later than the December test date.
- Work diligently on current studies, as colleges seem particularly interested in students maintaining rigorous academic discipline in the senior year. Complete and submit all applications BEFORE THE DEADLINE DATES.
- Request transcripts be sent to Colleges.
- Obtain needed secondary school reports from your counselor and letters of recommendation from your teachers as specified on college and scholarship applications. Remember to give your teachers and your counselor at least three weeks advance notice and to supply your recommender with addressed, stamped envelopes.
- Attend all college information sessions.
- Apply for financial aid if eligible.
- Keep a record of what college admissions procedures you have completed; keep your counselor informed as you formulate plans or revise them.
- If qualified, take Advanced Placement Exams.